Tally up the YES's to these questions.
1. Do you use plastic containers to store food or drinking water?
2. Do you eat microwaved foods that come packaged with plastic wrap?
3. Do you eat nonorganic cereals, bread, or other grain products?
4. Do you use deodorant, shampoos, and soaps?
5. Do you use aftershave, lotions, or perfumes?
6. Do you use cosmetics or hair colorings?
7. Do you live or work in an area that has synthetic carpeting?
8. Do you drink nonorganic coffee?
9. Do you eat foods that contain hydrogenated fats, such as margarine, or do you eat any foods that contain canola oil or cottonseed oil?
10. Do you breathe polluted air?
11. Do you eat fish?
12. Do you wear synthetic clothing or have your clothes dry-cleaned?
13. Do you sometimes use bug-killers?
14. Is your menstrual cycle often erratic or interrupted?
15. Have you received three or more vaccinations?
16. Do you have mood swings?
17. Do you have insomnia?
18. Do you sometimes eat broiled, fried, or barbecued foods?
19. Do you eat less than three servings of fruits and vegetables daily?
20. Do you rarely drink several glasses of pure water daily?
21. Do you eat white flour foods and drink sodas often?
22. Do you use home-cleaning products?
23. Do you take synthetic vitamins daily or several times a week?
24. Do you not exercise daily for thirty minutes or more?
25. Do you travel in heavy commuter traffic daily?
26. Do you eat fast food or frozen food at least twice a week?
27. Do you have metal fillings in your teeth, and have you had a dental surgery?
28. Are you under significant daily stress?
29. Do you use prescription drugs or illegal nonprescription drugs?
30. Have you had suicidal thoughts?
1~7 Mildly Toxic 輕微中毒
You are very prudent about your way of living. There is no need to waste money on this book and take up that empty space on your bookshelf. Keep it up, and live your healthy, nontoxic life.
8~15 Generally Toxic 一般中毒
You can consider buying this book to help you decrease the toxins that effect you in your surroundings and in your food. Your toxicity is not serious, so it won't be hard to lower the amount of toxins around you at all.
16~22 Very Toxic 中度中毒
Like me, you need this book to help you lower the toxins around your environment. Things are not as bad as you think, though. Little minute details like eating more veggies and fruit, exercising more, and drinking more water will already vastly improve your health. Stop thinking, though, and click on the link below to get yourself a copy of this book!
23~30 Severly Toxic 嚴重中毒
Why aren't you reading this book? Why are you hesitating? This questionnaire has proven to you how toxic you are and how the toxins in your surrounds are affecting your health. You are among the ones that should read this book like you read the Bible! Don't just read it. Use it to change your way of living. Or else, your body will always have problems on a regular basis! What are you waiting for? Go and get yourself a copy!
*These questions were selectively picked out from the 65-question Toxicity Questionnaire found on pages 53~61 in Randall Fitzgerald's The Hundred-Year Lie: How to Protect Yourself from the Chemicals That Are Destroying Your Health. I took the pleasure in writing up the result descriptions myself.
The Hundred-Year Lie: How to Protect Yourself from the Chemicals That Are Destroying Your Health
[link to Amazon.com]
[link to 誠品]
**基本上我是超級不推薦中文版。光看名字就知道，原本書名中的強烈語氣已經削弱許多。在網路上稍微找了一下書評，果然大家對這本書帶來的衝擊沒有我想像中的強烈。怎麼會這樣呢？我開始翻幾頁以後我就停不下來。想要趕快了解身邊周遭還有哪些恐怖的毒素是我們平時不知道的。怎麼感覺上大家對中文版的反應就沒有這麼強烈？Is it just me, or what?